Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Five Things I Hate About DST

I'm anti-Daylight Savings Time. I used to like it but now am completely against it. I can't imagine getting a child -- someday, my child -- to come in from playing so he can eat supper/do homework/get ready for bed WHILE IT'S STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE.

It doesn't even save energy, which is what it was intended to to. And Congress in all its wisdom has EXTENDED it. That's about right.

Okay, so here's the list, five things I hate about DST:
  1. It's dark in the morning.
  2. It stays light way too late; it throws me all off.
  3. Losing an hour (though I admit I like gaining the hour in the fall).
  4. It doesn't save energy/money.
  5. Congress keeps fiddling with it so my computer would not change over even when I manually re-set the clock; it kept changing back.

No comments: